With the false teachings and widespread corruption being spewed from many pulpitis and elected government officials I thought this an appropriate sermon for today.
A sermon from Dr. R.C. Sproul
The following (Bold Print) is taken from Tim Challies’ “The Five Tests of False Doctrine” which I used to make application for lawmakers, judges, etc.
- Sound doctrine originates with God; false doctrine originates with someone or something created by God. – Sound Laws and Policy always originates in the Constitution; not someone attempting to change it.
- Sound doctrine grounds its authority within the Bible; false doctrine grounds its authority outside the Bible. Sound laws and policy rest solely in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
- Sound doctrine is consistent with the whole of Scripture; false doctrine is inconsistent with some parts of Scripture. Sound laws and policy are Consistent with the original intent of the Founding Fathers who wrote the Constitution.
- Sound doctrine is beneficial for spiritual health; false doctrine leads to spiritual weakness. Sound laws and policy strengthen the original intent of the Constitution they NEVER weaken it.
- Sound doctrine has value for godly living, false doctrine leads to ungodly living. Sound laws and policy have great value only if they have moral and ethical standards consistent with the original intent of the Constitution.
How do Politicians become Corrupt? “Love of power & the love of money” -Franklin; American Minute with Bill Federer
3 WAYS WE CORRUPT THE IDEA OF FREEDOM; Michael W Kelley
Beware the villains – 2 Peter 2; Hugh Palmer