November 2, 2021
CBW Monthly Newsletter
Equipping Christians to defend and advance their faith
in their families, communities, and the public square
October was active for the Center for Biblical Worldview (CBW). Specifically, we published a variety of articles and provided commentary on the upcoming Supreme Court case that could overturn Roe v. Wade. In addition, CBW staff participated in FRC’s inaugural Pray Vote Stand Summit and spoke at other online and in-person conferences around the country.
Notable resources we published this month included:
- Worldview Is Central to Determining Views on Abortion by George Barna
- What to Believe About Issues Jesus Didn’t Discuss by Joseph Backholm
- Thinking Biblically About Politics in the Church by David Closson
On Fridays, the CBW’s Joseph Backholm guest-hosted Washington Watch, FRC’s national radio program. Each Friday in October, David Closson joined Joseph for a “Worldview Conversation.” This month’s topics included:
- A new bill that proves Democrats are okay with abortion until birth
- How believers should think about and respond to issues not explicitly addressed in the Bible
- Kamala Harris’ video sent to churches urging support for Terry McAuliffe
- What the “Let’s Go Brandon” chant says about the coarsening of our culture
Pray for Dobbs
On October 14, David Closson participated in the national webinar Pray for Dobbs, an event designed to help pastors think about the upcoming U.S. Supreme Court case that could overturn Roe v. Wade. David joined Albert Mohler, Adam Greenway, Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann, and others to talk about abortion and the upcoming case. Over 4,000 pastors and ministry leaders participated in the event.
Pray Vote Stand Summit
On October 6-8, Family Research Council hosted the Pray Vote Stand Summit in Leesburg, Virginia. CBW staff participating in the conference included George Barna, Joseph Backholm, David Closson, and Owen Strachan. Their presentations and talks included:
- David moderating a panel titled “Crisis in the Church: What Happens When Christians Don’t Have a Biblical Worldview,” featuring George Barna, Joseph Backholm, and Nancy Pearcey.
- David interviewing Owen Strachan about his latest book “Christianity and Wokeness.”
- Joseph interviewing John Cooper, lead singer of the Christian rock band Skillet.
- George Barna presenting his research in a Friday morning plenary session.
You can watch the presentations and discussions from the summit here.