Five Ways to Pray for Your Persecuted Brothers and Sisters
As we look forward to a new year, commit to pray regularly for your persecuted brothers and sisters in 2020. Here are specific ideas to help you pray:
- Pray that persecuted believers will be filled with compassion and holy love toward those who are persecuting them (Matthew 5:44).
- Pray that the testimony of their faith will become known throughout their communities as the sweet fragrance of the gospel (2 Corinthians 2:14).
- Pray that persecuted Christians will rejoice that they are counted worthy to suffer with Christ (Acts 5:41).
- Pray that persecuted Christians will be kept blameless and filled with the fruit of righteousness (Philippians 1:10–11).
- Pray that the Lord will lead Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and atheists who are seeking truth to members of the body of Christ who will share the gospel with them (Matthew 7:8).
With the beginning of a new year, many people are making resolutions. Will you resolve to pray daily for persecuted Christians?
The Voice of the Martyrs offers a variety of tools to help you pray more specifically and consistently for our persecuted family:
1. VOM’s 2020 Global Prayer Guide. The prayer guide provides background information on hostile and restricted nations where VOM is working, along with the current situation for Christians in each country. You can keep the prayer guide with your Bible to help you pray throughout the year.
2. VOM’s Global Prayer Journal. The prayer journal includes the same country summaries found in VOM’s Global Prayer Guide, along with additional ruled pages that you can use to write out your prayers or make note of others’ prayer needs.
3. VOM’s PRAY TODAY app for your smartphone or tablet. See a new, specific prayer request each day, and invite others to pray with you via social media. The app also provides access to daily devotional readings from Extreme Devotion and weekly VOM Radio episodes.
4. Weekly emails that provide new prayer requests via iCommitToPray.com. You can receive new, updated prayer requests in your email each week and also share your prayers online, where other Christians — including those living inside hostile and restricted nations — can join you in prayer!