Today I read two reports, BARNA STUDY: Non-Denominational Pastors Far Outpace Other Groups Regarding Biblical Worldview and BARNA SURVEY: ONLY 4% OF EXECUTIVE PASTORS HAVE BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW+ WHY THIS IS that greatly disturbed me, and should likewise every true Christian.
Our text for today from the AMP Bible reads:
See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception [pseudo-intellectual babble], according to the tradition [and musings] of mere men, following the [f]elementary principles of this world, rather than following [the truth—the teachings of] Christ.
In short, a Biblical or Christian [used interchangeably here] worldview is viewing the world through the lens of the Bible. It is thinking like and responding like a true follower of Christ. It is NOT “What would Jesus do” but what would Jesus have me do base upon the precepts of the Holy written Word of God.
Below are resources for better understanding a Biblical Worldview.
- What Is a Biblical Worldview? Answers in Genesis
- What is a Christian [or Biblical] worldview? Got Question.Org
- WHAT’S A CHRISTIAN [or Biblical] WORLDVIEW? Focus on the Family
- Christian worldview – What is it? Compelling Truth.org
- American Worldview Inventory 2022 — A National Worldview Survey of Parents and Pastors
- “Why do so Many Christians not have a Consistently Biblical Worldview?”
- FRC’s Center for Biblical Worldview
- Biblical Worldview: https://wordpress.com/page/fsmandfsmwo.blog/730