President Trump once again acted Presidential and refused to sign (or accept) the so called COVID Relief Bill from Congress. Rightfully pointing out that it contained to much PORK and to little relief for the American people. I have included some of the main points from the article below.
Here are the HIGHLIGHTS:
- President Trump insisted that Congress send him a bill which gives Americans significantly more money.
Here are the LOWLIGHTS:
- “It’s called the COVID relief bill, but it has almost nothing to do with COVID.”
- Trump pointed to large sums of money in the bill slated to go to foreign nations and illegal aliens in the U.S., while also drawing attention to other “wasteful spending”
- “This bill contains $85.5 million for assistance to Cambodia; $134 million to Burma; $1.3 billion for Egypt and the Egyptian Military which will go out and buy almost exclusively Russian Military equipment; $25 million for democracy and gender programs in Pakistan; $505 million to Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama; $40 million for the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., which is not even open for business; $1 billion for the Smithsonian; and an additional $154 million for the National Gallery of Art; $7 million for reef fish management; $25 million to combat Asian carp; $2.5 million to count the number of Amber Jack fish in the Gulf of Mexico, a provision to promote the breeding of fish in federal hatcheries; $3 million in poultry production technology; $2 million to research the impact of downed trees; $566 million for construction projects at the FBI,” Trump said.
- “The bill also allows stimulus checks for the family members of illegal aliens, allowing them to get up to $1,800 each. This is far more than the Americans are given.”