Some of your bibles may have a heading for this section of scripture that says something like; dealing with sin, conflicting natures, or something similar. It is clear from the context that Paul is saying the LAW of God was created for those who are Spiritual people but I in my human flesh am the opposite, a sinner.
All of us are like Paul! Until the Holy Spirit does His work in us, convicts of our sins and we repent and make Christ Lord and Savior of our wretched lives we are but sinners incapable of practicing good.
In our text v.24-25, above Paul makes ends this portion of scripture with an important reminder:
- He (we) are wrenched in our natural states
- Only Christ can deliver us from eternal death
- Even then there will be a conflict
- Our Spiritual Minds will want to serve God
- While our natural flesh will still desire to serve the world
I pray today that you have yielded to the Holy Spirit’s call. That one day will rejoice together in paradise praising our Savior all day long.