January 17, 2018 by directorfsm
We are not autonomous. That is, we may not live according to our own law. The moral condition of humankind is that of heteronomy*: we live under the law of another. The specific form of heteronomy under which we live is theonomy, or the law of God.
- God rules the universe by law. Gravity is one example of God’s laws of nature. God’s moral law is exhibited in the Ten Commandments.
- God has the authority to impose obligations upon His creatures.
- God acts according to the law of His own character.
- God reveals His moral law to our conscience and in Scripture.
- Only God has the authority to do away with His laws.