November 26, 2012 by directorfsm
Lakeshore Trip week 6
I am writing this from the comfort of my home back in Massachusetts. I flew home on Thanksgiving Day and arrived back in Hartford a little after 10pm.
The old deck between the Quonset huts is completely gone (thanks again to Robert for all his help) and a new low walkway is in place to keep folks out of the mud. It is not pretty but will suffice for a year or two and by God’s grace that is all we need.
The rest of the week was filled with trying to obtain bids and make a reasonable estimate for the cost of the foundation to the new church. We think we have a fairly accurate number now the church must approve it before we can go forward.
Niada and I will be leaving for Lakeshore on or about 28 December with all our stuff (lots and lots of stuffJ). We made offers on two homes in the lakeshore area but could not come to terms with the owners. So once again we will be putting all our trust in God that he has the correct house picked out for us and we will find it in His timing.
I have a new email for anything Lakeshore it is Mike@lakeshorebaptist.net , please use it for comments and questions regarding the ongoing projects for Rebuild Lakeshore.
1) Pray we can find suitable housing before we leave for MS.
2) Continue to pray for the smooth sale of our home in MA
3) Pray that God will give us wisdom in our work in MS. I have work construction for many years but never in the Deep South and have much to learn.
4) Pray for the financial support we need to live in MS.
5) Pray that while I am gone LBC can get things done so we can break ground on the new church building in JAN.
In HIS Service