We can and should as "Christians" have righteous indignation or anger or hatred towards the actions of those appointed over us by God when those actions go against God's Holy Word. Yet we are commanded to be obedient (unless that obedience violates God's law) and to PRAY for them. I would suggest the current administration needs an abundance of PRAYER.
Seven Prayers to Pray for our National Leaders
How should we pray at a time like this? This is the question many are asking as believers and Americans face a new administration seemingly committed to erasing our Christian heritage and God-given freedoms. Disappointment, frustration, and even apathy are tempting fallbacks when so much is at stake and so little is being done by our elected leaders and even our spiritual leaders.
But God’s Word is never without answers. We’ve been given ALL we need for life and godliness.
Below are seven prayers to pray for national leaders who’ve set themselves up against God and His ways. These prayers were mentioned on the Stand in the Gap Today daily program by Evangelist Dave Kistler on January 25, 2021. To listen to the program, please click HERE.
- Pray for the conversion of our national leaders and that they live lives of sincere commitment to Christ. (I Timothy 2:4)
- Pray that our leaders facilitate our ability to live peaceable lives, not troubled ones. (I Timothy 2:1-2)
- Pray that our leaders recognize God’s ultimate authority and that they are subservient to Him. (Psalm 22:8)
- Pray that God will confound evil leaders’ plans and turn their evil devices into foolishness. (2 Samuel 15:31)
- Pray that the unified attempts of wicked leaders to thwart God’s ways will be broken up as were those at the Tower of Babel. (Genesis 11:7)
- Pray that evil leaders lose their platforms and avenues of dispersing an anti-God message and agenda. (Proverbs 21:30)
- Pray that evil leaders have their plans turned back on them, as did Haman in the book of Esther. (Esther 7 and Proverbs 28:10)