Second I am posting this because although written in the 18th century the wisdom of the list is timeless.
Forty Scripture Directions
John Willison, 1680-1750
1. Never let the world come into God’s place. (1 John 2:15)
2. Keep up the same opinion now of things of the world, that you will have when you come to die. (Matthew 16:26)
3. Be not strangers to yourselves, but often commune with your own hearts. (Psalm 4:4)
4. Begin early in the service of God, and give Him the days of your youth. (Ecclesiastes 12:1)
5. Shun the company that shuns God, and keep the company that God keeps. (Psalm 119:63)