EVERYONE is familiar with John 3:16 For God so love the world… but few see to know what follows.
CONDEMNATION from Websters 1828 Dictionary:
1. The act of condemning; the judicial act of declaring one guilty, and dooming him to punishment.
For the judgment was by one to condemnation Romans 5:16.
2. The state of being condemned.
Dost thou not fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation Luke 23:40.
3. The cause or reason of a sentence of condemnation John 3:19.
- The whole first part of this chapter deals with the need for a new birth a spiritual birth, that is wholly dependent upon Christ as Lord and Savor.
- v.16 identifies and declares Christ as that Lord and Savor
- v.17 Jesus Christ did not need to come and condemn the world nor the folks in it. That had already been accomplished quite nicely by man back in the Garden.
- v.18 makes it clear those whom believe in Christ can be saved those who do not are already condemned
- v.19-21 We are condemned by our own accord, God does not need to point a finger at us to judge us; our own actions do that without any recourse:
- “And this is the judgment [Condemnation in KJV]: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
The question today is are you in the light (Saved) or Darkness (Condemned)? Are you hearing the Holy Spirit calling and tugging at your heart and soul.